Dear Grassroots Supporter:
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in and/or support our 10thAnnual ‘Golfing for Grassroots’ fundraiser event on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at the Richter Park Golf Course in Danbury.
Last year’s event netted over $120,000 which is almost half of our annual budget. Over the past nine years we have focused all of our efforts on developing our education, mentoring, tennis, and nutrition programs.
DGA is a free, year round program serving 50 at-risk students, ages 8-18, since 2006. Our mission is to improve the lives of promising, select students in Danbury emphasizing education, character, tennis, and health. We have four primary goals: to stress the critical importance of education; to provide tools necessary to develop solid, honorable character traits; to teach the basics of tennis; and to emphasize the value of nutrition and exercise. We have the support of over 40 active, year-round volunteer tutors and tennis pros comprised of National Honor Society students from local high schools, former teachers, college students, and local residents.
- The Class of 2017 have been accepted to Cornell University, Fairfield University, WCSU, Manhattan College, Iona College, Lasell College, and NVCC
- The Class of 2016 graduates are currently attending Boston College, Fairfield University, Earlham College, WCSU, and NVCC
- To date, we are proud to have a 100% high school graduation rate and all students have gone on to attend college or begin a career
- Recognized as top 3 finalist for National Program of the Year in 2014 by the USTA
- Awarded Program of the Year for USTA New England 2012
- 3 DGA students have been inducted into the National Honor Society and over 25 students have made the Honor Roll
- Since 2006, over 35 participants have played Varsity High School tennis at Danbury High School, Abbott Tech, Immaculate High School, and Wooster School
- 6 participants have competed in the State Open Tournament in singles and doubles tournament
Please see the attached form for more information on player registration & sponsorship levels. Please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203)797-0500 with questions. Thank you in advance for your continued support and consideration.
The Golf Committee